Wednesday, January 15, 2014


 "I will not show you what is on the road ahead but I will thoroughly equip you for the journey"

Boy is that true. Anyone that knows me knows that I hate not being in control. But man has Jesus really taken the wheel on this one. It's been well, interesting. First only seven out of the 13 of us got to Rwanda due to extreme weather conditions in America.While the rest of the group was focused on missed flights and our missing group members I was focused on the terrible fever, chills and sore throat that 
engulfed my body.  After many prayers and lots of meds several days later I was finally feeling better. The week came and went and it was finally time to depart for my host family. Leaving the group was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I feel so lonely sometimes in a culture so different from mine. You really learn to appreciate the Kivu community we have on our gap year when we're being tested in every way possible. God is certainly stripping me of everything that makes me comfortable here but I truly believe it's for a greater purpose. I don't know what he's going to throw at me next but all I can do is believe that he will, "thoroughly equip me for the journey".

No comments:

Post a Comment