Saturday, September 7, 2013

                Today marks my first full week at KIVU. So far I've gone a week in the woods with out cell service, withheld a shower for 2 days and worn the same two outfits for a week now. So not like me. I'm definetly learning. We spend our first day doing team bonding exercises with Andy and then learning love languages with Jamie Jo.  I wish I could start all my relationships here at KIVU! I have learned more about these 13 people in this short amount of time than I know about some of my best friends. I can honestly say whole heartedly that we have the best group ever. Everyone has something to offer and I truly believe I can learn something from every single one of them!
              This week I learned how much of a tom boy I really can be. I also learned that the love languages I connect with people are physical touch and quality time. I also left a lot of baggage at the bottom of the ice lake trail which was probably the hardest for me. The fear of not being able to connect with my friends the same way I do now probably scares me the most.  A good friend *Alexis* told me that perhaps some friendships needed to go and while Im so incredibly scared of losing anyone in my life that in order for me to get what I want out of this gap year I need to let those people that hold me down go.
           I've been asked several times throughout the course of this week why I wanted to do this gap year and I swear my answer changes every single time. While I want to find my relationship with god I also want to find myself. I want to find direction, the place where god needs me the most. I also don't want to just go off to college and waste four years partying. I want to do something that actually means something to someone else and not just myself. As cliche as it sounds I want to help people and if I can really help and make an impact in someone else's life like the Braner's have for me I wouldn't ask for anything else.



No comments:

Post a Comment